In principle, everyone wants to live healthy lives and be employable, but often lack the knowledge, insight and the ability to structurally make healthy(-ier) choices in all aspects of life.
Knowing: knowledge about what healthy behaviour is and its positive effects
Eating less and exercising more, is the standard reaction if people want to live healthier lives. But do you choose the right food and exercise? Scientific research shows that experiencing meaning, social contacts, job satisfaction and the level of stress are at least as important for our health.
Will: the willingness to change behaviour
Insight into your intrinsic motivation to actually adapt your lifestyle behaviour. What are the patterns that make you act the way you do now? What would be the positive aspects of new behaviour?
Ability: being able to structurally opt for healthier behaviour
95% of our behaviour is the result of unconscious choice, while we are surrounded by unhealthy temptations. This means that you have to develop resistance against giving in to unhealthy impulses. In addition, successfully changing behaviour is more likely in a physical environment that facilitates the healthy choice.
Lifestyle module: from awareness to behavioural change
To support employees in taking the lead on managing their employability through a healthier lifestyle, we have developed a short-term, practical lifestyle coaching module. The employee is coached by a professional lifestyle expert on:
- Knowledge: awareness of the influence of all lifestyle areas on their health and employability.
- Attitude: activating their intrinsic motivation by making healthy choices.
- Behaviour: empowerment to actually choose a health-promoting lifestyle on a daily basis.
Attention is paid to:
- Six lifestyle areas that have been scientifically proven to influence our health and employability: exercise, social relationships, organic nutrition, stress reduction, job satisfaction and experiencing meaning/spirituality (see image).
- Activation: the employee gains tangible insight into the relationship between their lifestyle, perceived health, wellbeing and employability.
The lifestyle module has a duration of three months, and includes:
- Five coaching sessions (customisation).
- Personal lifestyle action plan.
- Health assessment at the beginning and end of the programme.
The lifestyle module is effective for both prevention and reintegration.
Would you like more information? Call us via +31 (0) 88 – 286 60 55 or contact us through the contact form. We’d be happy to think along with you.