MINDFULNESS & COMPASSION
Mindfulness results in better mental and physical health and an improvement in everyday functioning. Compassion has a positive influence on our motivation and behaviour. It helps us to deal with life’s challenges and improve our lifestyle.
The scientifically substantiated 4-day training combines knowledge of the positive effects of mindfulness and compassion on our health and employability with practical tools to strengthen the resilience of employees. Together with Dr. David Dewulf, authority in the field of mindfulness & compassion, this training has been developed for application within occupational health. Dewulf is founder of the Institute for Attention & Mindfulness (I AM) and author of the bestseller ‘Heartful life, Mindful work. Balance your life in 7 steps’ (in Dutch only).
The training consists of a 2-day mindfulness module plus a 2-day compassion module. Themes that are covered:
- Attention & the nature of the brain.
- The brain & the capacity for happiness.
- Emotions, the emotion regulation systems and their importance for our wellbeing.
- Vulnerability and needs as a strength.
- Relieving pain and suffering.
- Self-care and wellbeing.
- The inner critic: advantages and disadvantages.
- The voice of compassion; the voice of ‘non-violent motivation’.
- The 4 quadrants to live full and healthy lives.
At the end of this training, you will have:
- Scientifically substantiated theoretical and experiential knowledge of mindfulness and compassion.
- Essential skills, tools and tips to integrate mindfulness and compassion into working individually with people.
- A syllabus and 15 audio downloads.
Participants are HR officers, managers and occupational health and safety professionals who are interested in a practical, integral approach of health promotion and, from their role, deal with people with complaints such as stress, chronic pain, burn-out, anxiety and depression and/or stress-related problems such as migraine, sleep disorders, heart disease and high blood pressure.
- Capacity: 12 – 18 participants
- Date: In consultation
- Duration: 2×2 days from 10.00 – 17.00 hrs, walk-in from 9.30 a.m.
- Location: In consultation
Would you like more information? Call us via +31 88 – 286 60 55 or contact us through the contact form. We’d be happy to think along with you.