(Impending) absenteeism: what can you ask, what should you ask when, and how do you ask the questions effectively? In this training course, participants learn various conversation techniques and theories to prevent sick leave and to guide employees who are absent to a speedy return to work.
Good supervision of employees contributes to the prevention of absenteeism and a successful return to work after reporting sick. Conducting an effective absence interview is not always easy in practice. What questions are important to ask and what should you not ask? How do you deal with resistance? And how do you effectively bring up impending absenteeism? In this practical training, participants explore these issues through theory and role-play in situations that fit the needs of their own organization.
After this training the participants have:
- Knowledge of the underlying principles and techniques of effective absenteeism interviews.
- Knowledge of what is important to ask during absence interviews and they know what may/should not be asked of the absentee.
- Insight into the (own) pitfalls in conducting absenteeism interviews and how to make optimal use of their own strengths in these interviews.
- Practice with different forms of absenteeism interviews.
Participants are managers, HR officers, health and safety professionals and works council members.
- Participants: 10 – 20 persons
- Date: upon request
- Duration: half-day
- Location: upon request
Would you like more information or advice without obligation? Call us at +31 (0) 88 – 286 60 55 or fill in the contact form.