(Impending) absenteeism: what can you ask, what should you ask when, and how do you ask the questions in an effective way? In this training course, you will learn various interview techniques and theories to prevent absenteeism and guide absent employees to a speedy return to work.
Proper counselling of employees contributes to the prevention of absenteeism and a successful return to work when reported sick. Conducting an effective absenteeism interview is not always easy in practice. Which questions are important to ask and what not to ask? How do you deal with resistance? And how do you effectively raise the issue of impending absenteeism? In this practical training course, participants explore such issues through theory and role plays in situations that fit the needs of their own organisation.
Upon completion of this training, participants will have:
- Knowledge of the underlying principles and techniques of effective absence interviewing.
- Know what is important to ask in absence interviews and know what can/can’t be asked of the absent employee.
- Insight into (their own) pitfalls in conducting absence interviews and how to make the best use of their own strengths in these interviews.
- Practised with different forms of absence interviews.
Participants are managers, HR officers, health and safety professionals and works council members.
- Participants: 10 – 20 persons.
- Date: by arrangement.
- Duration: half day.
- Location: by arrangement.
Are you looking for an inspiring corporate event? All our workshops/trainings can be followed in combination with experience events, such as a padel clinic under the guidance of an experienced trainer.
Would you like more information or advice without obligation? Call us at +31 (0) 88 – 286 60 55 or fill in the contact form. We will be happy to think along with you.